1. The Federal District Court today is a hybrid that was never intended to be.
2. Every Federal District Judge takes his oath to uphold the Constitution ----- 5 USC 3331. (Bear in mind that you cannot use CFR, USC, or any other of their private statutes in their courts, with the single exception of the United States Statutes at Large, which are public. The most you can do is remind them of their oath and accept it.)
3. March 9, 1933 martial law was imposed by Proclamation 2040 on both the federal and state government franchises organized as the United States of America, Inc. and its "states" doing business as the "State of California", etc. The "Trading With the Enemy Act" of October 6, 1917 (50 USC App. 5(b) was amended by the "Emergency Banking Relief Act" of March 9, 1933 (12USC95a) ----2040 continued Emergency Proclamation 2039.
4. On April 25, 1938, the US Supreme Court demolished federal general common law civilian due process and the military common law jurisdiction was imposed.
5. In September 1938, new Federal Rules of Civil Procedure were introduced "as authorized by Section 17 of the Trading With the Enemy Act". Four years later, in 1942, new Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure followed.
6. After that, there has been no distinction between suits at law and suits in equity--- they are constitutionally created courts, but sitting in a foreign, statutory, emergency war powers military jurisdiction. Civilian "U.S. citizens" are now treated as "enemy combatants" subject to military due process of law--- i.e., international martial common law.